Search Knowledge Base
What can I do if my PowerDVD does not work properly?
Regarding your problem, we suggest you try the following:
- Update your DVD ROM firmware and driver
- Update your VGA and sound card driver
- Close other applications while playback
- Lower the resolution and color depth to 1024*768, 16bits
- Visit Microsoft website to download the latest version of DirectX
Uninstall PowerDVD and then reinstall:
(a) Start => Programs=> Cyberlink Power DVD (uninstall it)
(b) Start => Run (keyin "regedit") => HKEY_Current_User => Software => Cyberlink => PowerDVD => delete the folder
(c) Start => Run (keyin "regedit") => HKEY_Local_Machine => Software => Cyberlink => PowerDVD => delete the folder
(e) Install PowerDVD and patch file
- If you have further questions, please send us the system files to analysis.
Start => Programs => Cyberlink Power DVD => System Diagnosis => Diagnostic, then wait 1~2 mins while the Cldma.log file is being created
Start => All Programs => Accessories => System Tool => System Information => Tools => DirectX Diagnostic Tool => Save All Information => DxDiag.txt created